Alachua County Public Schools
Revised COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines
for Winter and Spring Athletic Events
Alachua County Public Schools is advised on our COVID-19 protocols for schools by the Scientific Medical Advisory Committee (SMAC), a group of medical professionals from the University of Florida specializing in public health, pediatrics, and infectious diseases.
The Superintendent requested guidance from the SMAC on the district's COVID-19 protocols for winter and spring athletics events. The SMAC issued a set of recommendations, which were developed into these guidelines collaboratively with the principals and athletic directors of every high school in Alachua County.
These guidelines are effective Tuesday, January 19, 2021, and will be revised based on our medical advisors' further recommendations. These guidelines do not replace the Winter/Spring Sports Safety Considerations guidance from the FHSAA.
Each school hosting an event is responsible for implementing the school district's masking and social distancing policies. If these cannot be enforced, then the event should be canceled or stopped, if already underway.
2. Masks/face coverings are mandatory for all spectators, coaches, referees, and athletes on the sidelines, and participating athletes should
wear masks if feasible.
3. Social distancing of 6 feet should be adhered to within the facility. Families may be seated together and then separated from other families.
4. To maintain social distancing guidelines, attendance at each event will be limited to 15% capacity. All tickets will be pre-sold electronically to
ensure this limit is maintained. When necessary, schools may consider athlete only events.
5. Schools should consider alternative platforms for spectator participation in events, such as live-stream video events for matches/meets.
Other creative alternative approaches may be possible.
6. If a team fails to comply with these guidelines OR has an outbreak of COVID-19 within the team resulting directly from team activities, the
team's season may be discontinued.
On Behalf of all the players, families, coaches and Buchholz administration we would thank everyone for the support all season long.
Special thanks to all of our year long sponsors for your contribution to our team.
Please check our our sponsorship wall!!!